Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Great Day for Laughter

Today was my last day of work for the year 2009. That's a fun thought all on its own. I also had lunch with Betsy. We amused ourselves at the thought of costumes for tomorrow's Super New Year costume party at Erik's. (Here's Betsy, me and Amanda at the last costume party.)

After work I hung out with Eric and Michael for some hula hooping and dancin' around the studio. (Here's a cool shot of Michael doing what he likes to do right now....)

(And here's a picture of Erik and I performing at The Wexner Center for the Super Sunday event of the Tuymans' exhibit.)

Erik, Michael and I followed up our little get together with Chai - which always makes me particularly chatty and giddy. I was so glad to see people coming back to town and it reminds me that school starts back up Monday and I think it's going to be another intense 18 credit quarter. Here's my schedule so far:

Monday/Wednesday
8:15-10:15 - Gym
10:30-12:00 - Modern Technique with Susan Hadley
12:15-5:15 - Work at the Wexner Center
5:30-7:30 - Interactive Media

Tuesday/Thursday
8:45-10:15 - Modern Technique with Bebe Miller
10:30-2:30 - Work at the Wexner Center
2:45-4:15 - Choreography
7:00-9:00 - Rehearsal (with fellow grad students)

Friday
7:30-8:30 - Gym
9:00-12:00 - Postmodernism
12:30-2:30 - Work at the Wexner Center
2:45-4:15 - Choreography

I will also be cramming other rehearsals in there as I will be doing an Independent Study where I learn 3 solos originally choreographed for male dancers by 3 different male choreographers. We're all really excited about this project. I have no idea what I will do with it or if it will merely be for the process. Either way, I will learn something and gain some new insight on picking up material.

I am also working with Abby, another fellow grad, on a boxing piece. Again, I'm not sure where that will go, but I'm happy about the possibilities. (Yes, she's sitting in a sink - she cracks me up.)


Somewhere in all this activity, I hope to read something out the of the seven books I just ordered! Lots to look forward to!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

So glad you had a fun day and lots of laughter. Your brother really made me laugh while waiting for the doctor today...both of us were wiping tears away. He cracks me up and always knows when I need a good laugh. Wish you were here so that we could all three be red-faced and laughing ourselves silly. But since you can't be here, glad you have friends that do the same for you. Sounds like a tough schedule but you'll make it work.

racingyogagirl said...

It sounds like an exciting semester! I will anxiously be awaiting the blog posts about all of your adventures. What exactly does "gym" involve? My WORST grade ever in college was a class called physical conditioning. I failed bench pressing...:( imagine that...with my "muscular" arms. I hope your gym class is much more fulfilling & successful! V & I will drink a chai tea in your honor soon and be chatty & giddy! (which isn't difficult for us...) Happy New Year!

RashanaWorks said...

Gym is actually just going to the gym. I HAVE to do this if I'm going to expect to take two modern technique classes and learn male-oriented choreography. I'm hoping to find a gym buddy to keep me going to the gym. I hardly ever want to go, but when I get there it's all good.