Thursday, March 8, 2012

Coloring Pages for Art Explorations

Part of my MFA project involves creating lessons and workshops that deal with the concepts I work with as an artist. Fiona Lundie, my co-presenter for the upcoming Portraiture and Perception exhibit, is teaming up with me to lead an hour and a half workshop for kids ages 4-8 at Urban Arts Space, Saturday March 17th from 1-2:30pm. That's a pretty big range of ages, cognitively speaking. Fiona will lead kids through creative movement exercises involving her set constructions. I will lead a quick flipbook workshop. Some kids won't be able to make flipbooks, so I'll have some modified flipbooks that they can put together. With the help of some friends, I'll put these together Sunday. At this point in the process leading up to the show, I need more hands than just my two!

I took a few hours last Saturday to trace out photos and video stills using some parchment paper. Kids will also have these coloring pages - yet another way to play with perception.

I'll probably have them available on a table throughout the exhibit as well. I'm finding the urge to pick up a crayola.

2 comments:

chainsaw said...

I'M FAMOUS! I'M FAMOUS!

Easy coloring pages said...

Nice article, very useful. thnx