Friday, May 22, 2009

Quote for the day

I found this quote to share:

"The sweat of hard work is not to be displayed. It is much more graceful to appear favored by the gods." - Maxine Hong Kingston, The Woman Warrior, 1976

While it's a wonderful thought to make things look like a graceful display of effortlessness, I don't think anyone is going to confuse me with being favored by the gods. The curb appeal projects wrapped up Tuesday, May 19th and FINALLY, this morning around 1am, all the painting was FINISHED! Yeah! Now a massive cleanup today and the house will be on the market tomorrow, Sat, May 23rd.

Pictures to follow soon!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good quote; however it's the "blood, sweat and tears" that make it all happen. You've "stayed the course" and have seen the fruits of your labor...just wish it didn't tire you so. Good job!
Love from Mom.

RashanaWorks said...

Maybe I wouldn't be so tired if I didn't try to fit all this activity in the span of 2 weeks.