Saturday, May 2, 2009

Show's over but new adventures are just beginning

The Motor Dance show, "Light the Lamp" was April 18th. It's always amazing to me that after a show, there's still so much work left to do to wrap up the whole ordeal - thank you's to patrons, compiling video documentation for the show, balancing the books and then planning what to do next. Well, here it is - two weeks after the show - and I still have thank you's and video work to do. But this year, things are different. Planning what to do next is quite complex this time around. I have been accepted to the MFA Dance and Technology program at The Ohio State University. The Wexner Center has just offered me a Graduate Administrative Assistantship in their Youth Programs. This is extremely exciting! And all this begins this summer. I hope to be moving to Columbus in July - two short months away. I still have things to wrap up with Motor, but I also need to sell our house, pack and find housing and keep my day job going somehow. Lots going on!


In any case, I am striving to update my blog daily as a means to process all that's going on. We'll see how this goes!

2 comments:

racingyogagirl said...

So excited for you! you know, that all of us sedentary people need to live vicariously through you!

RashanaWorks said...

I would hardly call you sedentary!