Sunday, August 2, 2009

Day Two in Sublet Two

Today was Day Two in our second sublet apartment. We do our best not to spend too much time here. It's shelter and roomy enough, so we're not complaining. Still - the partying neighbors half our age all around us is a little spooky. It's hard to revisit your undergrad days when you're no longer an undergrad.

In any case, today was a nice day, although it started off a little strangely finding lost items along our morning walk - a driver's license, health insurance card, boating license, blockbuster card. According to the driver's license, the young man was 20 years old. Further down the path we found his wallet. I sincerely hope that his wallet was just stolen and that he himself is doing fine. David called the police department and turned the wallet in. I would be remiss though, if I didn't add that while finding this material, there was a movie being shot. An actor in a robe and handcuffs took two takes to run down the street yelling, "Oh my God! Help me!"

Pai and I also took David to the park we found a while ago. I love this park. I think we'll make trips to the surrounding parks a weekly event. It's good for the soul!


I couldn't resist taking pictures of David and Pai.


David was a sport and took a picture of Pai and I.


Pai tried to take a picture of us.

3 comments:

racingyogagirl said...

Sounds like your neighbors think they are in a movie....hope the time passes quickly through this phase. I'm glad David is there with you.

Unknown said...

Who is that bearded one? Looks like David is enjoying his summer months of noncompliance.

Really, a movie? Interesting.

Sorry that you have to put up with all the noise and wild youth. Hopefully you'll be able to move early to your new home.

bitesizedchunk said...

Sabbatical beard?