Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Tuesday Evening - Further Progress

Sunday night David and I took some measurements and then headed to Lowes to by some hardware. I decided to add feet that would allow enough room for the mouse board underneath the projector. I opted not to build a wooden base because 1) I don't have time to make the kind of wooden base I would like, 2) I don't want to spend a ton of money, 3) I want to have relatively easy access to the mouse board should I need it later, and 4) I kind of like the idea of possibly seeing someone trying to peek to see where the flexible wire cable leads.
In my package of hardware, I had two little rubber o-rings. Yay! Now, the reels won't fly off! (Thanks for this cool reel, Jean Pitman!)
David has a much steadier hand than I, so he had the honor of drilling through the metal and also the rubber feet. He countersunk the rubber feet so the screws wouldn't stick out the ends. When I install this projector at Urban Arts Space, I'll get longer screws that will also go through the top of the cabinet on which the projector will sit. The projector is simply not heavy enough not to be mounted.
The last task tonight for this project (because I also need to work on the website re-design) was using epoxy to affix the flexible wire cable to the crank shaft. I'll leave it alone to set. It's so tempting to test it out and to get this all done tonight, but I'll wait...

No comments: