Sunday, January 29, 2012

One Projector Done - One to Go

At last! The Lindstrom projector is finished and it works fabulously.  One thing I might want to do though is secure the metal that holds the reels and the crank to the back compartment. We had to cut away on part of the metal that anchored the two areas together and now I can see the metal flexing a little bit when I crank. I think it'll be a simple fix, but for all intents and purposes, this projector is ready to go!
And now for the second projector, the Keystone. The construction will be similar, but now I need to decide if I make a base or situate the mouse circuit board inside the back compartment.
This newer model (newer in comparison to the other two - this one is probably late 1920s) will have to wait till the next project. The power cable needs to be replaced. It's not a handcrank, but it still has that feel about it. I could probably place a pico projector in the back compartment and deal with Jitter patches to manipulate the video footage in different ways.  For now though, it's going to sit in a box.

No comments: