Sunday, January 29, 2012

Weekend in a Cabin


As a Christmas gift to ourselves, David and I rented a cabin in a northern Ohio state park over the weekend. We mostly ate, drank, and kept warm by the fire inside the cabin. Of course the laptop made use of its namesake and stayed pretty much in my lap. I worked on curriculum ideas based on my MFA project and chugged through some design issues with my website. We managed to take a nice long hike with Pai. It wasn't too cold, but it was pretty muddy. I had a couple of fun slips and falls and I even ripped my jeans on a tree. I ended up just throwing those jeans away. (That one rip was among many.) Pai had a great time but is pretty tuckered out now as I suppose David is too since he's taking a post weekend trip nap. It was great to get out of town and I look forward to another weekend trip when I'm out of grad school!

No comments: