Saturday, May 8, 2010

Quick Note from Reading #1

Just to personally give me a little time to reflect after all the reading I'm going to do today, I thought I would pick one quote out of each reading and post something. We'll see how it goes - cuz really - nothing ever turns out how I imagine (i.e. proposing to post twice a week - ha!).

From Anne Bogart's "A Director Prepares:"

"It's not about the right idea or even the right decision, rather it is about the quality of decisiveness."

I find it is much easier for me to be decisive when performing my own work, but much less decisive when directing others. Frankly, it's frightening to me - and maybe that's a good thing. Now I just need to enter into the unknown and start making stabs at what I'm thinking. To say or do "nothing" is to present "nothing."

Photo credit: Shawn Hodges

1 comment:

Unknown said...

All good excerpts from your readings. You wouldn't be human if you weren't frightened; however, by the time you get there, your self-confidence will carry you through. No one will ever know....or at least, I never did.