Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Gearing up

I actually took a day off at Christmas, and even the following day due to a food hangover. By yesterday, I was back to work. I prepped for my Jazz 2 class by posting my syllabus, topical outline and supporting material. All twenty-one students are in my roll book and aside from running through the combination for the first day, I'm ready to go! Still working on my Modern 1 class, but I hope to have that wrapped up by Friday at the latest. It makes me feel so much better when the ground work is done.

I also started laying down some designs in Dreamweaver for the re-design of rashanaworks.com. Surprisingly, I'm happy to be back at it. Designing merrygogo.com was enjoyable too, and I learned A LOT, but it takes so much time that I was kind of putting off my own website till I could get past the idea of how much brain space it takes. I'm also happy to be working with Erik Abbott-Main. We started talking a re-design two years ago and now I'm able to start working with his illustrations. Our focus with the new rashanaworks is to strike a balance between nature and technology, rural-ness and urban-ness, and revealing process as important as product. To the left is one of Erik's designs.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very cool! Sounds like you are prepped and ready to go for the next quarter. Know you will enjoy your Modern class. Mom