Sunday, March 20, 2011

What Would Have Been Friday's Post - Day Two Part Two

Sonia walked me to ICADS, the organization who assigned our homestay families. Sonia sweetly blessed me before leaving me for the weekend. I missed her already.

It was great to see the rest of the group all back together safe and sound. Everyone shared how their first night with their host families went. I enjoyed seeing all the wide eyes and smiles. It was a great way to start a very full day.First up - Spanish Survival classes. As I said before, I don't know Spanish. With only two years of high school French, I found myself responding to questions a la francais. This hurt my brain. Cafe con leche to the rescue!
The four hour class was excelente. Our teacher didn't speak english, which was perfecto. I wish I had time for more. I might have to return to Costa Rica for another spanish immersion program!

Next up - an awesome, rejuvenating latin dance class with Roy Ramirez. I forgot just how much I love partner dances. Well I didn’t completely forget, but dancing with Roy made me swoon.

One, he is mucho guapo. Two, it reminded me of my very first teaching gig at Fred Astaire Dance Studios. The Latin dances were my favorite. I loved teaching Swing, Rumba, Cha Cha Cha and Tango. I wanted to dance all day. Lead, follow - whatever. It brought back warm happy memories of teaching social dances. I must admit I miss it.

We broke for lunch. Jimmy and Jose stopped by to say hi quickly and check on us. We were all so happy to see him; it seemed like forever since Ohio.

After lunch we got on a bus for a four hour ride to Manuel Antonio to begin the ecological side of our visit. Videos coming up next as long as the internet holds up!

2 comments:

Norah Zuniga Shaw said...

How great to see ICADS and Roy again in your pictures. Such a beautiful tropical environment and Roy is a fantastic teacher. Hope you got to do some dancing in Manuel Antonio. I am loving your posts. Keep it up. How did the Tuan reading infuse your national part/ecological days? Norah

RashanaWorks said...

It's coming! Topophilia and Spell of The Sensuous in Manuel Antonio. I tried to upload a video last night, but the internet connection is pretty low so it was taking forever. I'll try again tonight.