Saturday, June 13, 2009

Austin Round of Farewells - Third Day

Tanya came into town yesterday morning. By lunch we were at the original Kirby Lane Cafe off 35th and Kirby. Also on 35th is where my great-grandparents' house is/was. My great-grandfather made musical instruments. Ironical, across the street is a music shop now - Fiddler's Green.

Tanya and I drove around trying to find some old haunts. We eventually went shopping till I got too disgusted. We dropped by Amy's Ice Cream - of course and also Austin Java. It was a miserably hot, humid day. We were cursing our jeans and agreeing that westcoast weather was much more agreeable.

The last night of improv performance went well. I finally got a picture of Kirsche!

This picture of Jennifer and I was taken my Jennifer's boyfriend, Dan, before Thursday night's performance.


I love walking around Austin around 7:30 when the sun is less oppressive. I wonder how many music related sculptures are around Austin.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed seeing all of the pics... especially the one on 35th St. Glad your visit was a terrific one! Love from Mom.