Sunday, June 21, 2009

Dallas Farewell Tour

11:45 - I finally got a chance to hang with Susan (Susan Harris Akeroyd). We had a great shaded place outside at the Garden Cafe. We chatted, ate lunch and watched Charles explore the garden. I had a great time catching up with Susan and look forward to staying in contact again.



1:30 - I was just around the corner from Jenn and it worked out perfectly to get together. Jenn, Avery and I went to Chuy's. Jenn had lunch. I enjoyed a virgin daiquiri. Avery took a good nap. And we all hugged before saying bye-bye. Avery is learning fast how to be a good host. Jenn and Jeff are teaching her well!




3:30 - I drove down the road to Kaufman to visit with Lou and Phil. They were practicing for Sunday's music ministry. We sang a few traditional hymns and then consumed some caffeine at Servants. Lou and Phil still look the same and they're still so much family to me.



6:30 - I drove further down the road to Canton to join my dad and Jean for dinner. We had a good time talking it up. It finally dawned on me that this was the last time I would get to see him before moving. I was kinda sad about that. At 10pm I headed home back to David.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good pics and I'm assuming good visits. Nice day for an outing.