Tuesday, June 23, 2009

A Day of Opposites

Today was my "surprise" luncheon at work. Since Chuck gave the secret away, I decided to surprise everyone else and wear a tutu to work (thanks for the inspiration Victoria), complete with a little tiara made from a Starbucks cardboard sleeve. We had a nice lunch. Elva made chicken spaghetti, Mitch brought the salad and french toast, Amanda made a sheet cake and Ron brought ice cream. Sooo good!

The rest of the day at work was spent dealing with a network-wide computer virus.

I met David at Vicki and Tim's. The conversation was lovely and the food was wonderful! Kerry and Jim were also there as well as Dillon. It's always so relaxing and comfortable at the Baggett house!

Before I went to dinner I received an email that still haunts me - filled with misunderstandings and sadness. I'm not sure how to respond to it. So...

I'm going to bed to wake up to a new day tomorrow.
Goodnight!

2 comments:

racingyogagirl said...

Love that you did the tutu thing for lunch...have you seen Victoria's pics from camp? The tutus were quite a hit.
I'm so impressed with how much you are posting on the blog! I enjoy seeing your updates and hope this will be the norm when you are logistically farther away from us. (I know, I know...I should do better...)
I am saying a prayer that you will have wisdom in how to handle your email situation.
Hope your day is a happy one! :)

Anonymous said...

Nice lunch and dinner with friends and co-workers. Thinking of you. Love from Mom.