Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Taking the artwork down

I think we got a handle on the virus sweeping our network. I'm looking forward to someone else having to deal with these issues! Before I left today, I cleaned up my office and took the artwork off the walls (one of which is a picture of Jack Kerouac with my favorite quote). My replacement starts tomorrow. I'm not really prepared to train him tomorrow, but I guess it will all come together. A part of me has already left the building (really a while ago). Another part of me thinks I'll be around forever. I'm glad I already packed up my office, because it always feels weird to leave the last day with arms full of boxes.

The quote, by the way, is:


“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”


3 comments:

racingyogagirl said...

Wow! I love this quote! It reminds me of my Victoria and the effect she has on people. I'm smiling with tears in my eyes right now.

RashanaWorks said...

I thought you'd understand!

Anonymous said...

Love the quote, too...always thought it was written just for you. Sure Jack will find a place in your next home. Love from Mom.